Friday, January 8, 2010

Training Mistakes

With 12 games left in my second season with Scunthorpe in the Championship, I had a 12 pt lead. As such, I decided to take the plunge and set up individual training schedules for each of my players. I had read a bit, and I thought I knew what I was doing, so I was ready.

The results were a complete disaster. I overtrained my players, which made them tired and unhappy. Furthermore, since I set up their training incorrectly, their training levels went down, which made them additionally unhappy. What followed was a string of 8 games without a win. I finished the season last night and managed to win the Championship in the final game, but I had to sweat it out.

I sat down to do some research into what went wrong, and I finally found the information I'd long been seeking. Now I'm going to pull it together into a guide, mostly for myself, hopefully dispelling my own incorrect assumptions, and documenting the results of other people's research.

No comments:

Post a Comment